ALERT: Protect your Client$ from #Coronavirus in the 💇#BeautySalon, #Barbershop, and #HairBraidingSchools
I am inclined to believe that many state boards’ cosmetology agencies HAVE not addressed an 🛑ALERT for the coronavirus.
- Call your clients up to 3 hours before the appointment.
- Ask if they have any of the symptoms listed below.
- While shampooing maintain the distance from your client. (if possible wear a mask)
- Deep clean your station and tools after each client.
- Keep a log of clients and your cleaning schedule before and after (just in case you have an exposure)
- As an OWNER exposure medication for COVID-19 cost from $3,000- $10,000 and self-quarantining of the employees.
I have found this information in CA. cosmetology website.
The following information is from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH)
What is coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)?
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. The virus that causes COVID-19 is a novel coronavirus that was first identified during an investigation into an outbreak in Wuhan, China.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
Patients with COVID-19 have had mild to severe respiratory illness with symptoms of:
- shortness of breath
How Can People Protect Themselves?
People can help protect themselves from respiratory illness with everyday preventive actions.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
What to Do if You Think You’re Sick:
Call ahead: If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 and may have had contact with a person with COVID-19 or recently traveled to countries with apparent community spread, call your health care provider or local public health department first before seeking medical care so that appropriate precautions can be taken.